SKIP navigation
International Admissions
UNO International Students on Facebook

UNO International Students

UNO International Admissions on Skype

UNO International Admissions

College Portrait Voluntary System of Accountability

UNO is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission's North Central Association. Learn more.

How to Apply

Use this checklist to apply for intensive English, undergraduate, and graduate programs at UNO. Applicants for conditional admission should complete items for both intensive English and their undergraduate or graduate programs:

red line

Questions? We can help!

International Admissions

Jessica Hohman
Enrollment Specialist

Amanda Abbott
Enrollment Specialist

Meet Your Admissions Team

2. Pay the application fee

You can pay the $45 application fee by credit card at the links above.

MoneyGrams are NOT accepted as a form of payment.

3. Collect your academic records

Academic records or transcripts: UNO requires ALL transcripts for any credits earned from high school or secondary schools and colleges, universities, or vocational schools to determine admissibility. If transcripts are not issued in English, please also submit certified English translations. Authenticated copies must be verified by the school or government agency.

Official transcripts must be sent by post or courier. Unofficial transcripts, including emailed or faxed documents, cannot be used for admission.

Proof of English proficiency: Undergraduate and graduate applicants must demonstrate that they can succeed in an English-language classroom. UNO accepts TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, ACT, and SAT scores as proof of proficiency. Check out UNO's English Requirements.

Students lacking in English proficiency should check out UNO's Intensive English Options and consider conditional admission to undergraduate or graduate programs.

Transfer students: Check out the Transfer Articulation Guide to learn how courses taken at another institution may be counted as transfer credits. Also, read the UNO Transfer Policy.

4. Collect your financial documentation

Financial affidavit: F-1 or J-1 visa applicants or holders should submit a completed UNO Financial Affidavit Form:

Financial Affidavit for ILUNO Intensive English

Financial Affidavit for Undergraduate and Graduate Programs

Original bank document: F-1 or J-1 visa applicants or holders should submit a recent statement or letter from their bank showing adequate funds for one academic year.

Financial documentation can now be submitted by e-mail to or fax to 1.402.554.2949.

5. Submit the documents above with a copy of an identification card or passport

International Admissions
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Omaha, NE 68182-0080

6. Read the SEVIS requirements

SEVIS is the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System. All non-immigrant students (F-1 and M-1 visas), exchange visitors (J-1 visas), and their dependents (F-2, M-2, and J-2 visas) are required to register and pay a fee to the U.S. government. Once you have applied, read more in SEVIS & Immigration.