College graduates today need to be prepared for a new world - one digitally linked, partnered in trade, and demanding transnational solutions. UNO's International Studies Major, an interdisciplinary bachelor of arts degree program, provides undergraduate students with the necessary background in international relations and intercultural communications, as well as career-focused concentrations. The degree is individualized, flexible and marketable. Read about the accomplishments of INST Alumni.
INST MAJOR COMPONENTS
Foreign language study: 3 years of university-level courses, or 2 years each of two foreign languages.
Core courses: All INST majors take:
- Introduction to International Studies
- Topics in International Studies
- Introduction to Human Geography
- International Relations
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
Concentrations: INST majors choose one or more concentration areas:
- International Management & Business Leadership
- Area Studies
- Global Strategic Studies
- International Nonprofit Management & Leadership
- Global IT Leadership & Management